Sunday, May 12, 2013

On going bonkers...

It's been an interesting few weeks over here. Basically, I was mentally ready to return to running and the weather was cooperating. But my body betrayed me. On April 1, like an evil April Fool's joke, something happened to something behind my knee. Yeah, it really is that vague and weird.

I rested 7 days, ran, and pulled up lame again. I rested 10 days and ran pain free for 3 miles. Healed, right?

So I rested 2 days, ran, and pulled up lame....again. Ugh. Fine, leg, I hear you. This time I'll rest longer: 12 days between runs. Not enough.

3 miles, 2 races scratches, and 1 excrutiatingly painful leg later, I conceded. I need to go to the doctor, but not before I rest even longer, say 3 weeks, and see what happens. 

I'm stubborn like that.

I haven't run since April 27.

In the meantime, I dusted off the ol' climbing shoes and harness and headed to the climbing gym for the first time in an embarrassingly long time. Twice in a 7-day period, in fact.

These things look practically new...
I've taught a ton of yoga classes over at Yoga District (but I haven't yet sampled anything in the tea lodge).

I even practiced Ashtanga yoga for the first time in over a year (and my hamstrings are feeling it!), and headed to Micheline Berry's workshop at Flow this weekend.

What I didn't do: I didn't run this 5K yesterday, even though I optimistically picked up my race packet on Friday.

I'm kind of going a little bonkers over here...